Mis Historias

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Busy, busy...

I don't take that long to post!!!.....well maybe a little, since I notice it's been about 2 months, sorry coyote!
Anyhow, I've been very busy working & watching TV & riding my bike, plus the computer was acting up so it was way too frustrating to try & write, but today seems like a good day.
I have been trying to ride more & get into shape, this last weekend 10/11/08 I got to race again after not racing in about a year. Estrella mountain is fun I like the challenge, even if I have to walk a few parts. Mom went to see the race which was cool...thanks Mami! & got to be worried about her little girl crashing! Really it was not bad just a little jarring. I got to meet some nice ladies & hope they keep racing, it's always more fun when you have competition. I ended up getting 2nd overall & 1st in my age group, but best of all is I did my fastest lap to date, yes even with a crash! It's just nice to see results after having to ride inside the house all summer on a trainer...mostly because I don't like getting up at 4am or 5 or even 6. Now that the weather has turned I'm in heaven!!!Sunday 10/12/08 was Columbus day!! Feliz dia de la Raza...& happy anniversary to me & Jeff. Yes we've been married a year already, this year just flew by, it seems just yesterday I was making wedding arrangements! We had a wonderful time, I was told not to make any plans, so I didn't, but at about noon when my hubby informed me he was going on a 3 hour road ride I thought I was getting jipped. However being the understanding wife that I am....I didn't complain & even went for a short recovery ride myself. Later I was informed to be ready by 5pm to go out for dinner & a night out, we went to Maria Maria, a restaurant owned by Carlos Santana by Tempe town lake, It was very delicious & interesting, an enchilada sauce with pumpkin???Yummy! Afterwards we got lost for a while trying to find the Celebrity theater & when we finally got there the next surprise was that Jaguares was playing.....it took me back to my high school days...very cool. Tomorrow I turn 28, not doing much just working, but over the weekend we'll be going to Sushi Eye with my sister & brother-in-law. & of course we'll get some riding in.
Well that's it for now, next race is the 1st weekend in November!! Cant wait! : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home