Mis Historias

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

McDowell Dust Devil

On 11/1/08 the 2nd race of the Dust Devil series took place, we left with plenty of time to be there by 8:45 so I could warm up & race at about 9:30....well that didn't work out!
First we had to spot & get Gas, 5 minutes not too bad, then the 101 north was closed at Warner & then we got stuck on Price road with the rest of the traffic. I'm glad to say we made it to the race on time....
time enough to register put on my shoes & hop on the bike to start the race!!!
One of the riders I never saw again, another
passed me on the sport/tech loop. Then another rider passed me on the long loop. After the first lap I warmed up so I was able to keep the last rider who passed me within sight & passed her at the end of the long loop. I started to slack off a little on the last sport/tech loop but was able to pick it up a notch.
(I'm on the far right of the picture....)
I finished 1st in my age group(20-29) there were no overall results but I came in 3rd (I counted).
According to Jeff & Art I'm not podium ready yet because they were not able to get a good picture of me up there......I just think we need better photographers, he,he
Now I'm looking forward to the 3rd race coming up this weekend 11/15 at White Tanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home