Mis Historias

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!! Goodbye 2008

So this year we decided to stay home & chill.
After talking to my sister I invited her over to dinner & welcomed the New Year together, here is Angelique sporting her 2009 memorabilia. Happy to be awake at midnight eating candy & ice cream & running around screaming & making noise!









December went just as fast as November & for that matter the rest of 2008. We went to the

Dawn to Dusk race & ended up being 7th over all in the Co-ed Duo teams. I had a great time, it was nice & sunny & cool. No rain!! yeii for that.
Two weeks later we went to the San Tan trails, we had not been there before & found that there are a lot of new trails. It was pretty fun, except for one very long stretch on a wash that seemed to take forever!
We were able to take a couple of pics with Jeff's new camera gift card from Target, pretty cool!


We didn't want to do to much for Christmas this year so we decided to spend it at home, My Mami ( Happy 55th B-day!!) ended up coming over & had dinner with us. Lamb roast, Sweet Potatoes Al Gratin, Asparagus with garlic & butter, Salad with olive oil dressing, & some fresh biscuits. We had a lot to eat & then some! Oh yeah we also made Pumpkin Pie(2), which we just finished a couple of days ago.














Here area couple more pics from our New Years celebration, I got a picture of all the girls,
however somehow the boys didn't make it in to any pictures, really Sergio, Llello, Scotty & Michael were also here, we played Cranuim & Apples to Apples all night, Had a really great dinner & went to sleep at about 5:00 Am.

















Today I've been dragging my feet & will finally get out for a short ride, Jeff is already out diligently following his training plan, Thanks Art!

This year I found out if I ride more I can actually get a little faster & stronger, now I have to
work on consistency as Jeff likes to remind me. I got a promotion at work & don't have to work weekends any more, yeiii! I went to New York for the first time in my life & was there for about an hour....Went to 2 weddings, welcomed a new niece (Yvette), Got a "new" road bike (lender), didn't loose the 10lbs I wanted, but also didn't gain any so I'll take that as even. Found out my Mom doesn't like sushi. I have a crazy, dysfunctional family that drives me nutz, but then again so do many other people.
I am very thankful to have such a wonderful Husband, I love him dearly & look forward to spending many more years together!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home